Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars


The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

My rating: 1 of 5 stockings



I read it all the way through, I did not like it. I'm not going to write a formal review because I know many enjoyed this novel. I honestly do not want to start pinpointing everything I disliked in this book (because there's a lot). So I will share what I did like...

"'Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'" -p123
Page 251

That is all I can honestly say not so much enjoyed but I chuckled.

Before someone tells me it's so deep, well written, and how I have no experience with cancer. I will just say first of all I just finished Flee, Fly, Flown a beautifully written novel about Alzheimer's. So to be fair I went from reading a novel with a great flow, and beautiful story, to a clunky start-stop novel. I'm also a fan of Lurlene McDaniel, so I've read my share of tear jerkers, this unfortunately was not worthy of my tears.

But in all truth I have seen many of my loved ones fight cancers and succeed, but many more fall. Currently my grandfather has been fighting cancer... I have not personally had cancer, but I have nearly died. I've experienced the "sick perks", although I was personally so out of it, it seems like another life.

... if you really want to know what is truly wrong with this novel I think Ayesha actually portrays it pretty well, so check out her review on The Fault in Our Stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment