Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: After School Nightmare, Volume 1


After School Nightmare, Volume 1
After School Nightmare, Volume 1 by Setona Mizushiro

My rating: 4 of 5 stockings



Mashiro an intersex high schooler who posses as an being completely male. Because Mashiro started menstruating he quit the kendo club in fear that it was his female side that was weak. After noticing many of his fellow schoolmates have been disappearing, he was asked by the school nurse to go to the basement of the school (which was never there before). Before Mashiro knew what was happening, he was brought into an alternate dream world were schoolmates are twisted and deformed to the point of unrecognisably due to the state of their souls. Oddly enough Mashiro's appearance hasn't changed with the exception that he wears a female uniform. After a dark night soul ripped his clothes everyone in the dream world know's his secret but he doesn't know who the others are.

I'll end it here, usually manga's don't have much going on from manga to manga. Which doesn't give me much to write about. With the first volume of After School Nightmare I've left out so much. The overall originality of this story is amazing, it reminds me vaguely to Moon Key. The character's are anything but boring. I enjoyed reading this volume and only had to look back one for this review (for the high school name... didn't find). I'm giving this book 4 stockings because I'm expecting so much from this series.



No comments:

Post a Comment