Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: After School Nightmare, Volume 2


After School Nightmare, Volume 2
After School Nightmare, Volume 2 by Setona Mizushiro

My rating: 3 of 5 stockings



Last instalment, Mashiro is now dating Kureha one of the people who share dreams together. Kureha was raped when she was a young child of only five or six, her mother was also abused by her father. Now the only man Kureha trusts is Mashiro because he's intersex. Mashiro is now focussed on proving he's a man and protect Kureha at all cost.

Mashiro's focused on finding out who's in the dream world and trying to help them graduate, or to gain some ground. Sou an old kendo classmate has confessed his love towards Mashiro, and previously kissed him. Meanwhile in the dream-world Mashiro realises strength here is based on sheerly imagination and the strength of one's soul. Midori finally found her key, unlocked the door and was forgotten. In reality Mashiro tries to ease Kureha into making friends with men, specifically just one. As expected the result wasn't good.

Time for my opinion, this volume tries too hard to cram too much in it's limited space it hold. Don't get me wrong I love it, it's just I've notice with the 2 first volumes could have been made into 4 or 5. That's also something that I like about it, it has less fluff than most stories. With the gender bender genre the main character can end up with Kureha, Sou, or no one. Romance, Mystery, fantasy, drama, I give kudos to this story. I'm giving it 3 stockings it's good but it could be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment