Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011


2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge




We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up...

I am excited to be participating in the TBR pile reading challenge being hosted by Evie at Bookish.I have never participated in a reading challenge. This one is really great because I definitely have a lot of books that I bought and was really excited about, but just didn't get to them. This is a great motivator for me to really read them. The challenge levels are as follows:


1-10 - A Firm Handshake

11-20 - A Friendly Hug

21-30 - A Sweet Kiss

31-40 - Love At First Sight

41-50 - Married With Children


I'm going to stick with A Firm Handshake. I can level up but not level down so I'm not taking any chances. I'm a hoarder and have several hundreds of books ranging from children novels, to historic novels about certain wars. I ended up just grabbing a few books from my shelf that I've been meaning to read. (So in other words random picks) These are the top 10 of my Firm Handshake list:

  • .hack//Another Birth by Miu Kawasaki 
  • Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander 
  • Player One by Douglas Coupland 
  • Upgrade to Free by Beth Ziesenis 
  • 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson
  • The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer (the advance copy) 
  • 24-Karat Kids by July Goldstein and Sebastian Stuart 
  • The Invisible Man by H.G. Well 
  • The Romance Readers' Book Club by Julie L. Cannon 
  • The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas 

Well, that is my tentative list for the TBR pile reading challenge. Odds are the list will change on my mood I'll probably be reading lots of Darren Shan novels I've been putting on the side, and maybe FINALLY finish the series of unfortunate evens, and find my Inkdeath novel where ever that was misplaced to. But all in all this is my rough list, what is everyone else going to pick for this upcoming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment