Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Review: Jack Frost, Vol. 2


Jack Frost, Vol. 2
Jack Frost, Vol. 2 by JinHo Ko

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book 2 of the Jack Frost series, we last left the characters of Jack Frost staring up at the falling
"blood snow" and the sense that Amityville's final legend will manifest!

So we begin with the allied District's discussion and decisions on how to stop/destroy the North District. Soon after we revert to Junoa, a familiar face, but there's something strange happening. Junoa seem to have a reoccurring dream about this girl in her class; Junoa's woken up by Chahui who's covered in tears, clothes cut up and bloodied, with a completely traumatic expression on her face. The problem is what does it mean!? If you read you might or might not find out, it's all up to.

I found it improved at the beginning but slowed down quickly after the beginning but nearing the end, picked up speed. I love the twist at the end of the book, the ending seemed so perfect. I think that made up for all the slowdown in mid read. The arts still as amazing as the first. I'm going to give it 4 stars, I'm a little reluctant to because I don't like giving them away.

The fact is that this novel doesn't have much of a plot line, it's got "The big" plot line which is basically war of the districts, but then you have "mini" plots which are few, in volume 2 it's trying to get the Mirror Image's memories back. But like I said I'd give it a 4, more of a 3.5 but goodreads doesn't have half stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment