Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review: Vampire Knight, Vol. 1


Vampire Knight, Vol. 1
Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



We start volume one with Yuuki sitting in the snow, staring at her gloves, while a rogue vampire tries to attack her, moments later a vampire named Kaname. Years later in present time, Yuuki is a perfect attending Cross Academy, the school is separated in two halves The Day Class and The Night Class. What's special about the Night Class is that their vampires, the role of the perfects is to make sure the secret of the vampires don't get discovered. (The perfects are Yuuki and Zero.)

Vampire Knight volume one, to me it seems more of a love triangle story than anything. But it's Yuuki and Kaname who like each other and then Zero who's the third wheel who thinks he's running the show... that was a horrible analogy, but I hope people understood it. I remember reading this volume when it was published in Shojo Beat, but I had to refresh myself on the manga. I like the whole concept of the vampires and humans co-existing together without the humans even being aware of what's happening. The plot hasn't ripened enough for me to criticize or have much of an opinion on the matter.

The Characters themselves Yuuki's the only one that I'm able to have a solid opinion on, she's the goody-two-shoes type of girl. She seems to give her over 9000% when it comes to protecting vampires but everything else she just shoves aside. She seems like a normal girl, with a normal crush (although in her case on a vampire), the way she behaves is realistic with the exceptions of her outrageous stunts. The rest of the characters appeared too briefly to make an opinion even a vague one like I gave Yuuki.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment