Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review: Chibi Vampire, Volume 14

Chibi Vampire, Volume 14
Chibi Vampire, Volume 14 by Yuna Kagesaki

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This review is for the complete series.

I give it 2.5 stars out of 5.

I enjoyed this book to a certain point, the fact that their was a defective vampire who was the complete opposite of a vampire, was cute, creative, and fun. So this "defective vampire"'s name is Karin, she can walk under the sun, she survives on food and has no ability controlling bats. That isn't the weirdest part of Karin the vampire, instead of drinking blood like a normal vampire she injects her blood into her victims, but in most cases she has major nose bleeds.

The characters are funny, you've got Karin's grandma whom I love, and her grandpa at the end (won't say more except read to know what I mean), Karin of course more in the beginning, Anju's the quiet one of the family and has the whole loli thing down, Ren's a pervert, their father's a wimp, and their mother's a b**ch. So really it's sort of a typical comedy family, besides the fact their all vampires.

Now why did I find this manga worth 2.5 stars, it's because it jumps from one genre to another. I'm usually not a fan of genre jumping, which didn't change for Chibi Vampire. The story starts off as a comedy, gags here laughs there and some odd encounters. The story continues with Karin saying (not word per word) this isn't a romance or I hope this doesn't turn into a romance. Of course you know it'll become a romance, which is okay in my book, most stories have a little romance. But then it takes a turn for the serious, don't get me wrong there's still comedy, but I started losing interest with the couple thing and even more interest with how serious things were getting.

Originally I was going to give this series a 2 because it was okay, that's all I thought of it near the end, that it was okay. But the way it ended pulled at my heart strings and I got attached in the last manga book, I was so sad and felt so sorry for all the people/vampires affected. I decided then that I was going to give the whole manga 3 stars, but here's why I didn't. The last manga was chalk full of minis and in all honesty I don't like short stories, I can deal with oneshots. But short stories in writing I don't like because I can't get into it. But short stories for manga's that relate to another manga story, is not something I enjoy too too much.

So my final thoughts and opinions on this manga are read it if you have the time, it's a nice funny manga. Don't expect too much, the story's really slow, but if you have the time and patience, odds are you'll enjoy and maybe even love it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment