Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I've got to admit I prefer the Disney Alice over the original. In the original Alice she acts like a know-it-all, and is somewhat rude. I enjoyed reading this book, but besides the fact that animals where speaking, the Duchess had a huge head, the queen's guards and other workers were a deck of cards, the Cheshire cat, Alice growing larger and growing smaller, the tea party and its guests and that the roses grew in trees, it was a pretty tame story. If I were to read when it was first published in 1865, I am quite sure of myself I would have loved it, but as things go this was not the case. Sadly to say I was born a little more than a century after that date. But 3 stars for a book over a century old is good.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment